Friday, August 28, 2009

After creativity, we need to put feet on the dream

When you walk into my office, you’ll find shelves of toys, balls, sponges, stuffed animals and art materials – plus a basket of colorful scarves and lengths of cloth – and other fun stuff.

These are the tools that help me work my magic when I am coaching clients. The props, matched with specific imagination activities, nudge the right brain to announce its creativity. We find ourselves imagining exciting new possibilities to stimulate people’s businesses and enhance joy in their lives.

But:

Creativity in itself does not make changes. We still need the left brain, the part of the brain that is orderly and logical, to put dream into action. Or, as my friend Carolyn likes to say, “Put feet on the dream.”

How are you putting feet on your dream?

1 comment:

  1. Karen - your work is greatly inspiring - and helping find my own best creator! My blogspot is coming soon! Thanks -

    ReplyDelete

Karen reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand, contain profanity, personal attacks or seek to promote a personal agenda not related to the post topic.